We’ve all been there when your toddler decides to throw a mega tantrum.
And nothing seems to console them.
Even the simplest thing can set one off. Tiredness, hunger, frustration, or a sudden change in situation.
The thing is toddlers are still learning to manage their emotions.
Here some tips on coping with toddler tantrums.
- Remove them from the situation. If you’re in a supermarket or at a playdate—move to another calmer space.
- Get down on eye-level to talk to them.
- Ask them to explain what’s wrong using words.
- Listen and reassure.
- Use distraction—'oh look at that lovely colourful poster’ or ‘pretty flower’.
- Be patient and stay calm.
Tantrums at bedtime can occur due to overtiredness, teething, or development leaps. A consistent bedtime routine will help your little feel ready for bed more easily.
To create a calm and relaxing space for your toddler to sleep in try our Mumsnet rated Klearvol Inhalation Capsules.
Based on 100% natural aromatic oils, Klearvol provides soothing natural vapours for inhalation day and night.
--- > more in BIO https://www.klearvol.co.uk/blog